Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Must have Wedding Day photos I

Capture the Moment
As most of you know, I am an amateur photographer so photography is one of the most important aspects of my wedding day. That being said, there are just some shots that must be taken... the getting ready pictures, the KISS, cake cutting, etc.

Photographs before the Ceremony? A do or don't
An increasing number of brides are opting for this, albeit some believe it's bad luck to see each other before the ceremony. For someone like me with a nighttime ceremony and reception, doing family/wedding party pictures before the ceremony and newlywed pictures during the reception is a good option. That way, the attendants and family can enjoy the reception and Jon and I can revel in what just happened. Although, Jon hasn't quite agreed to this yet, and insists on bribing me that he'll only do it if I take his last name. Sigh. We'll see. For afternoon weddings with later receptions, however, this isn't as necessary as there are multiple hours between the ceremony and reception, while I will only have one hour between.

Quintessential Photos
A shot list is a great way to ensure that your photographer knows just want you want!

Pre-Ceremony

Getting ready: Doing the Bride's Make-up


Getting ready: Tying the Groom's Tie


The Groom's "Tie-Suit-Bout" (as I'll call it!) Picture




The Dress - before you put it on


The Shoes







The Hairstyle - before the heat gets to it!






A Magazine-worthy shot


The Rings - go for something other than the traditional pillow shot!






Family Moments


No comments:

Post a Comment