Total Pageviews

Monday, May 24, 2010

Say Yes! to the Dress

There are a million options when it comes to dresses - you can choose your neckline, your silhouette, the fabric used, the style, embellishments... the list goes on. I will break down the options first, then show some pictures of my favorite styles.

Neckline
Off-the-Shoulder
One Shoulder
Assymetric
Scoop
Tank
V-neck
Halter
Strapless
Sweatheart
Sleeve/Cap Sleeve
High Neck

Silhouette
A-Line
Empire Waist
Drop Waist
Slim/Column
Ball Gown
Short
Trumpet
Mermaid
Princess

Fabric
Charmeuse
Faille
Linen
Razmir
Silk Organza
Chiffon
Garza
Mikado
Taffeta
Satin
Cotton/Twill
Georgette
Tulle
Shantung
Crepe de Chine
Lace
Organza
Silk

Style
Classic
Romantic
Whimsical
Tailored
Glamorous
Modern

Embellishments
Sequins
Fake Pearls
Rhinestones
Lace Detailing
Fabric Flowers
Bows
etc.

What I like!
-Sweetheart and One Shoulder necklines
-A-Line and Empire Waist silhouettes (can't overwhelm my small frame!)
-Satin, Silk, Silk Organza, Organza, Charmeuse, and (surprisingly) lace fabrics
-Romantic styles have seem to draw me in (over modern, which also surprised me)
-I like Fabric Flowers in moderation, especially on the bodice or on the strap of a one shoulder
-I really like lace, so if I don't have it as a main fabric I might want lace detailing - its just so classic

Lace Strapless with Rhinestone Detailing on the Bodice

One Shoulder with Fabric Flower Detailing on Waist

No comments:

Post a Comment