Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Blog fail / Photography 101

Okay, okay, so I have already failed at my post a day project. It's hard to do when I am falling asleep at 8:30 pm because I am so tired from waking up at 7 am for work (which isn't that early, but I've lost my touch!). Anyways, my next post will be a collection of all the crucial engagement and wedding day shots, plus just some plain cute pictures or out of the box ideas that really, really, worked. I'm also researching potential photographers because it is a good idea to choose your photographer a year in advance, especially if you are having a wedding during a busy month (June = THE wedding month). Here are some of the crucial requirements:

Photography: Rules of Engagement

Technically speaking,
  • Engagement photoshoot
  • Leatherbound album with ~100 pictures
  • Parents album (smaller or same size version for parents)
  • Unlimited exposures
  • At least 6 hours, preferentially 8 hours
  • 2 locations (on-site, plus where I am getting ready before Oatlands)
  • Copyright handed over to me (i.e. I have the rights to the images)
Generally saying,
  • Venue familiarity - very important! If I don't choose one off of Oatlands recommendations I will probably pay to take them to Oatlands (open for tours during the week)
  • <$4,000 (what one of the people at the location viewings told me was a good high end)
So, we'll see what I find, I'll probably do a post on that soon.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.charlottegeary.com/ She is a UVA alum photog. She has won tons of awards.

    ReplyDelete