Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 3, 2010

FTW

So, for some reason I always win prizes... but this one (if it's legit) is pretty sweet! Apparently for being registered on www.theknot.com (a magazine's website, really great organizational tools, I highly recommend) I was put into a random drawing and won some stuff from http://www.cookworldusa.com/. I will see how legit it is on Sunday - Jon and I have to go to Arlington for some cookware and crystal showcase and do a survey. Anyways, the prize is a $1,000 dollar grocery card and 3 days and 2 nights in our choice of 20 locations, of which include Las Vegas, Puerto Rico, St. Maarten, etc. I will update on whether or not I have to buy a chinette set to get this haha..

UPDATE:
THIS WAS A SCAM!! Don't go. Don't waste your time...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Caroline,
    I was wondering if you went to the showcase? I recently was called with the same package and I am wondering if it was a scam or waste of time I am supposed to meet them tom?
    thanks for any help
    Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Caroline! I also have had this call actually not even an hour ago. I was wondering if has attended and how it went.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a SCAM! Don't go. Although they make you dinner. The cookware is kind of nifty, I suppose, but I definitely wasn't in the market for it right now anyways (plus it's overpriced). And they got pissy when we didn't want to buy any cookware. The "$1,000 for food" is in coupon form - you need to pay $4.95 for the online coupon site. The vacation is in voucher form and has many limitations and you have to pay a $100 refundable fee. Sorry I didn't see this in time - I don't know how to make blogger notify me when someone comments!

    ReplyDelete