Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Cake Update

So Jon and I have talked about what kind of cake we want, and I think we have decided a few things. It will (1) be a chocolate colored cake, (2) it will have TRUFFLES on it (I'm addicted...) and possibly chocolate curls, (3) it will most likely be chocolate ganache and raspberry flavored, (4) it will NOT have a cheesy topper, (5) it will have 3 layers (extra sheet cake can be hidden behind the scenes - GREAT way to save $$), (6), it will be ROUND! (although I will acknowledge that square is more practical), and (7) it will have a few strategically placed flowers on it. Here are a few of my inspiration pictures:
DISCLAIMER! The cake I have in mind doesn't really look like these, this is just to get a feel of the details. And for the record, the flowers on the cakes in these pictures are not very classy. Dislike! :)
Cocoa dusted truffles, lined fondant

Three distinct layers, sides covered by chocolate curls


Alternating milk and dark chocolate curl siding (like this a lot)



Chocolate curl siding with raspberrys on top of layers

Completely truffle covered! (a little too much/not very pretty)

Did you know...


The choclate curls can work wonders - they can conver a buttercream iced cake - fondant is hard and not very tasty, ya know! So that is something I am considering trying to do, although with the summer heat I heard fondant was recommended. But fondant does provide the best most perfect representation of the cake. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment