Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Catering!

I met with a catering company this past Tuesday, August 17th and I just got my sample menus in today! It's pretty exciting planning what we want to serve to our guests, because it says a lot about our tastes and who we are as a couple. Some pairs choose to do a buffet, some do seated and served. We're doing the latter. Others want a mash patato bar with all the fixins, and mini cheeseburgers as hors d'oeuvres. Jon and I want understated elegance; understated may be a bad word, but we want our day to be very formal, mature, artistic, classy, beautiful, simplistic etc. Luckily it's hard not to fit that description when you're getting married in a garden!

Caroline and Jon: Menu Specifications
This company had me tell them the type of menu we were thinking of, and then they created two for us based on our descriptions listed below!

  • The meal needs to be light, not heavy since the reception is outdoors and it will be hot
  • I don't want anything too experimental, it should be liked by almost any palette (even though Jon and I love trying new foods!)
  • It can't contain anything that Jon is allergic to (high citric acid-containing fruits, avocado)
  • It can't contain common allergents (i.e. nuts)
  • I want the meal to be of one genre (all american, mediterranean)
  • I want three or four hors d'oeuvres, a salad, a chicken main course, and a cake
  • The hors d'oeuvres should feature other meats, one vegetarian option
  • The salad should use a universally liked dressing
  • Cheese should be used minimally
  • The hors d'oeuvres should be passed by servers dressed formally, in the different tiers of the gardens
  • There should be two open bars, one in the gardens during the cocktail hour (6 - 7 pm), then one under the tent during the reception (7-10:30 pm)
  • There will be two signature drinks -- a Mr. and a Mrs. (I think I already know what I'm going to call mine! :)
  • The meal should be a seated, plated, served meal

No comments:

Post a Comment