Total Pageviews

Friday, March 12, 2010

Venue Spotlight: Raspberry Plain

Front of Raspberry Plain

These pictures aren't my own. I did like this place, it was very colorful (not neutral) although it matched what colors I currently want to do (pink & burgundy) but then again I already think I am changing my colors to possibly pink and peach so we'll see. Burgundy is just kind of dark for summer I feel like.

Place: Raspberry Plain in Leesburg, VA
Price: Catering not included; exclusive day rental = $7400 for 6 hours (Whitehall = $7500 for 5 1/2)
Thoughts: I liked it -- not impressed with the gardens / ceremony site. More use of the interior mansion - like 3 rooms.. a spot for guestbook, pictures, etc. I liked the historical component, it was owned by the first sheriff of Loudoun county then sold to Thomas Mason, George Mason's younger brother.

Front room, place for guestbook, picture of couple

Place to sit and chat, pictures on the table

Open room for mingling with cocktails

Formal Garden Ceremony (kinda blah)

Reception Hall


Reception Hall Wide View

No comments:

Post a Comment