Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

25 Ideas for Table Names!

Table numbers are boring! Picking a genre of table names based on a couple's passions is where its at. Or even just something silly. Here are 25 ideas for table names, plus what I am highly considering doing:

25 Table Name Ideas


  1. Classical composers

  2. Wine varities

  3. Wonders of the World

  4. Impressionist painters

  5. James Bond movies

  6. Gemstones

  7. Colors

  8. Explorers

  9. Scenic highways

  10. Mountain peaks

  11. Greek islands (or honeymoon-type theme!)

  12. Vegetables

  13. Herbs

  14. Seashells

  15. Constellations

  16. Elements of the period table (love it!!)

  17. Mythical creatures

  18. Romantic words in a different language

  19. Types of birds

  20. Cities visited together or individually

  21. Songs

  22. Hobbies

  23. Fancy Cheeses

  24. Venue-inspired words

  25. Types of flowers

Pros and Cons of numbering Tables


Pro: easy to navigate the room, quick finding of seat


Con: Who wants to sit at Table 9? (Wedding Singer reference!)


Number-related option: If I went with numbers I would want to put a corresponding picture of Jon and I at that age at the table. Then guests could wander around and check out the pictures, making it interactive!


What I want to do!


So Jon and I are really into hiking, so I am considering of using the names of all the hikes we've done. Granted... I need to go on a lot more hikes between now and next June, but I would use names such as "Humpback Rocks," "Crabtree Falls," "Old Rag," etc. I would probably order them alphabetically to help with finding the tables, or maybe I'll make a seating chart on a big chalk board or get a poster printed, or something of the sort. Apologies in advance for whoever is at the Old Rag table. Hah. Also I would put a picture of Jon and I at each peak at the corresponding table.





No comments:

Post a Comment