Total Pageviews

Friday, April 2, 2010

Save the Dates

While Save the Dates aren't always necessary, they are a great way to inform loved ones early on and generate hype about your big day! Being one of my next steps, I have been thinking up some cool ideas for how I want mine to pan out.

First off, they are 100% definitely going to be magnets. How can you not resist putting that on your fridge? Plus that's a pretty good place for high exposure - no one will forget the date once they stick it on the fridge and see it all the time! Now, what direction I want to take with the magnet is a different story... here are my top 3 ideas listed below:

  • Engagement/Themed picture + Date:  Simple, elegant, to the point. Would require that I actually get some engagement photos done, haha (I am planning on doing that this summer! Kind of delayed but I want there to be pretty flowerful surroundings!).
  • Mini Calendar: This one is to die for. Little calendar with the date circled or in a heart. Could just do the date part of the calendar or make it more rectangular//a "full calendar" by putting an engagement picture at the top. Or a picture of Oatlands that I would go take this summer, say in place of the beach chairs below. Tempting.
  • Photobooth: This one is quirky -- very Caroline and Jon-esque, I think I like it! It would be a little mini photo strip like the kind you take at the beach. There would be 3 or 4 pictures. The first would be just Jon and I looking cute (this one could be opted out). The next would have us holding a sign that said "Save the Date.", then "June 18th", then "Be there!" ... or something of that nature. I really like this one!  (Kind of like the pic below, but not really this is the closest I could find).

No comments:

Post a Comment