Total Pageviews

Friday, April 2, 2010

Outdoor Summer Weddings 101

Since I am having a summer wedding, there are a lot of little things I can do to make guests more comfortable and to ensure no mishaps. Of course this includes fans for under the tent, plenty of fresh water... but what about those subtle details that often go overlooked but can make all the difference? Below are some interesting ways to guarantee a perfect outdoor wedding!

1. Wedding Program Fans

Easy. Cute. Simple. I prefer an actual fan as opposed to multiple sheets that fan out about an eyelit. That way it saves money on printing and won't rip apart, etc. I could either set them on each chair or put them in a wicker basket at the entrance to the wedding seating. Also I might consider getting some paper parisols (think the colorful oriental kind??) to have on hand for older guests who might have trouble with the heat.



2. Personalized Mini Water Bottles

Just so adorable. A must have!!


3. Citronella Torches

Practical and pretty - I will have to see if Oatlands will let me have them around the tent and gardens.


4. Bridesmaid Dress Weights

Easy to stitch in and remove, these will prevent bridesmaid dresses from blowing in the wind, keeping them picture perfect!


5. Fresh Fruit Centerpieces

While I personally don't see myself using all fruit center pieces like below, this is a good way to cut flower costs while representing the season!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment