Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Music makes me lose control

SO I think this has got to be my biggest dilemma right now... DJ or Live band?? 

I always thought I would go with DJ, but last Saturday I went to the KD Spring Formal and they had a live band and the energy was flowing through the room. And it would also be better for older guests who wouldn't want to jive to JT. And there are so many options with bands, the one KD hired was composed of 5 very distinct individuals, whom together sounded fantastic, but when a member needed a break they would split into smaller groups of 2 or 3 players and become a whole new band. I found it very interesting. And of course they played contemporary songs too. I need to figure out the relative costs of both though!

If you've seen The Hangover (who hasn't?!) then you've seen this scene. Seriously considering this guy (not but it's hilarious!).


2 comments:

  1. We had the best dj at our wedding, he totally blended all the music together perfectly, everyone was dancing. Everything from Shout, to country to rock and roll to bon jovi. it was so awesome, and he totally handled everything perfectly. A little girl ended up grabing the bouquet and a little boy grabbed the garter, and he had them go find older people. it was perfect. I looked at live bands, but couldnt find one that matched what we wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah - you've got a point... plus when i think about a wedding song i think about actually hearing it by the artist i like... not a live band... i can get the "live band" aspect with the processional music. i'm most likely going to do a dj. thanks, that helped!

    ReplyDelete