Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Loudoun Locales

Not surprisingly, I have come back to Loudoun County as the place I want to have my wedding. I have lived there since I was three, when Ashburn was just developing. Plus, it has a great variety of amazing venue options between it's wine country and many plantations and mansions. Here are a few particularly eye catching spots. Because many of them are historic homes, they will have distinct colorings, so I will have to check and make sure they don't clash with my future colors (which have still yet to be determined, but I am getting closer!). Most of these places are in and around Leesburg. Now I just have to determine what I like better -- vineyard or plantation? I am going to have to make some touring appointments over Spring Break!


Venues



Plantations/Mansions


Rosemont Manor - Berryville, VA
Unique Perk: 12 on-site guest rooms for wedding party


Oatlands -- Leesburg, VA
Unique Perk: I ran here during XC in high school! I also attended a JTHG press release here as a result of a AP US project that went really well


Morven Park - Leesburg, VA
Unique Perk: Epitome of Horse Country, holds annual Polo Cup and Antique Car Show

Raspberry Plain - Leesburg, VA
Unique Perk: Sweet Colonial Feel, Horse drawn carriage


Whitehall Manor - Bluemont, VA
Unique Perk: Slightly more mountainous backdrop than the others


3 comments:

  1. Oatlands was my first choice, but for my wedding size, I would of spent my whole budget just on renting the place! And it doesn't come with anything, but it is tax deductible, We had our reception at stoneleigh country club in round hill, they were fabulous. Morven Park is beautiful, Just make sure the renovations will be finished... It had scaffolding up when I was looking at it. But have fun choosing! They are all such wonderful places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I noticed Oatlands was really expensive... the only reason I was considering it was because I use to run cross country there, but it's probably last on my list, realistically. I haven't looked into any of these enough to know about repair/restoration states, but i think Whitehall Manor is my favorite. I need to go touring over my spring break, although a lot of the request forms ask for date of event and I don't know if I'm ready to pick just yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I only got to run oatlands once in HS. Prob my junior or senior year. I opted to just take engagements there instead. There are also alot of small vineyards who have reception areas too. Since alot of places are hurting for business now they are generally willing to throw somethings in extra. =) gotta love the economy.

    ReplyDelete