Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

To Splurge or to Save?

There are certain parts of a wedding that just can't be contested as major money suckers (photography, for one!). While I still have NO IDEA what my budget is going to be, I definitely know where I want to scrimp, and where I want to indulge!

Splurge
- Wedding Day Photography
- Dress (within reason)
- Hair
- Venue

Save
- Centerpieces (DIY or floating candles in water, minimal flowers..)
- Engagement Photography - with my camera by a friend or my sister
- Having an "exhibition cake" - (smaller) with extra sheet cake in the back ALSO going with 15% less cake than what your guest list calls for should suffice (this way I can still get a pretty sweet Ace of Cakes cake - so it's not exactly a save... but relatively!)
- Don't serve any other dessert besides the cake - unnecessary

No comments:

Post a Comment